Mac Lawson, Department Head
2020 County Farm Rd
Moultrie, GA 31768
The purpose of this classification is to perform administrative and professional duties and functions involving the technical and maintenance of Colquitt County Buildings and other related facilities including electrical, plumbing, installation and maintenance of HVAC systems, installation and maintenance of all boiler and chiller systems, installation of and maintenance of emergency stand-by generators, installation and maintenance of all computerized security monitoring systems to include surveillance equipment and security door locking systems, security intercom systems, fire alarm systems, programmable computerized controllers, building and construction projects and system maintenance. This position oversee and coordinate the activities involved in the maintenance and repair or maintenance of County buildings, related structures and/or building utility systems; construction of new building and renovation of existing building, inspects work of employees or other contractors; prepares work progress reports, job cost reports, etc.; arrange for the acquisition of material and supplies; and perform related work as required.
- Maintains records and prepares reports to provide information to the County Administrator concerning work progress, work completed, costs, problems encountered, equipment and materials used.
- Tests precision measuring, recording, indicating the control instruments and devices applying information from blueprints, schematics or calibrated instruments and devices as needed.
- Oversees and supervises the installation of computerized systems, such as security door locking systems, security intercom systems, fire alarm systems, programmable computerized controllers, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, telephones and security cameras.
- Serves as project manager for County construction projects, reads understands and utilizes blueprints and specifications.
- Coordinates final inspections with contractors, architects and engineers.
- Reports to the County Administrator and County Commission as requested regarding the status of current projects, progress of building activities and functions, etc.
- Implements state and local Building and Electrical Codes in facility construction, maintenance and repair.
- Calculates heat loads for new installations; analyzes both open and closed water systems such as cooling towers, hydronic heating system.
- Analyze departmental budget estimates; prepares final budget estimates for review of the County Administrator and the County Commission. Monitors expenditures in conformance with the departmental budget; and maintains computerized accounting of purchase orders, Job cost accounting on all existing projects, previous projects or future projects.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive five-year construction plan to up grade and maintain existing facilities and construct new facilities.
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Closed on all major holidays